Lime and Lemongrass BBQ Skewered Prawns
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 991
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 117g
Saturated Fat 78g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 8g
Monounsaturated Fat 25g
Total Carbohydrates 542g
Dietary Fiber 19g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 24 extra large green Australian prawns
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white part only, finely chopped
- 2 long green chillies, finely chopped, plus extra for rice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- Fresh coconut, lime, cucumber and mint to serve
- Place the lemongrass, chillies, ginger, sugar and fish sauce in a small food processor and process to a rough paste.
- Place lemongrass paste and vegetable oil in a large bowl and combine. Peel the prawns leaving the tails on. Add prawns and toss to coat. Thread onto skewers lengthways.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to infuse flavours.
- Rinse rice thoroughly under cold water and place in a medium saucepan with 2½ cups of water. 1. Bring to the boil and cook uncovered for 8‐10 minutes or until tunnels appear. Reduce heat to low and cook covered for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir through coconut cream, salt and extra chili.
- 2. Allow to stand for 5 minutes, covered.
- 3. Preheat a char grill or barbecue and cook for 1‐2 minutes each side or until just cooked through.
- 4. Serve with fresh coconut, cucumber, mint and lime
Aussie Seafood House https://aussieseafoodhouse.com.au/