Salt and Pepper
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 4g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 20g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3 large (750g) cleaned squid hoods
- vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly cracked peppercorn medley
- 1 tablespoon salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- salad greens and lemon wedges, to serve
- 1. Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan-forced.
- 2. Cut each squid hood in half length ways. Using a sharp knife score inside in a criss-cross pattern. Cut each piece in half length ways. Cut each strip cross ways into 4 pieces. Pat dry with paper towel.
- 3. Heat oil in a wok or saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 4. Combine flour, pepper, salt and chilli in a shallow dish. Lightly toss squid in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Cook, turning, for 2 minutes or until light golden. Transfer to a baking tray. Place in oven to keep warm while cooking remaining squid. Serve with salad greens and lemon wedges.
Aussie Seafood House https://aussieseafoodhouse.com.au/