Fresh New Season Mackerel fillets cut fresh onsite ……. For those who have never had the joy of eating fresh Mackerel fillets, cook these skin down about two thirds of the way and then turn …….. For those from North Queensland, come and get some of the best ….. Go Fresh with Seafood Today …… At All 3 Aussie Seafood Houses …Capalaba, Durack and Strathpine…
• Fillets less than 1.5 cm thick do not need to be turned during cooking.
• Fish cooks quickly. Do not overcook. Even when removed from heat, the fish will continue to cook.
• Fish is done when the flesh becomes opaque and flakes easily when tested with a fork.
• Poaching, steaming, baking, sautéing, microwaving are excellent low-fat cooking methods, if you do not add high fat ingredients.
• Marinate in your favorite dressing prior to cooking.
• BBQ. bake, steam or microwave, then cube and add to pasta or salad greens for a delicious salad.
• Grill or BBQ with lime-butter and seasoned salt.
• Oil the pan or grill to prevent fish from sticking.
• Add leftover fish in broken pieces to salads, soups or sauces.